Data Repositories Conformant with the DOT Public Access Plan
Researchers are encouraged to use publicly accessible repositories for the deposit of their data, where appropriate and available.
The list is updated regularly.
- Carnegie Mellon University KiltHub -- https://kilthub.cmu.edu/ -- [Reviewed 2021-08]
- Dryad -- http://www.datadryad.org -- [Reviewed 2016-01]
- figshare -- https://figshare.com/ -- [Reviewed 2020-12]
- Harvard Dataverse -- https://dataverse.harvard.edu -- [Reviewed 2016-01]
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) -- https://www.icpsr.umich.edu -- [Reviewed 2016-01]
- Iowa State University DataShare -- https://iastate.figshare.com/ -- [Reviewed 2019-05]
- Missouri University of Science and Technology Scholars' Mine -- http://scholarsmine.mst.edu/ -- [Reviewed 2019-05]
- Odum Institute Data Archive -- https://dataverse.unc.edu/
- San Jose State University ScholarWorks -- https://scholarworks.sjsu.edu/ [Reviewed 2017-06]
- Texas Digital Library Texas Data Repository -- https://data.tdl.org/ -- [Reviewed 2019-05]
- University of Nebraska- Lincoln Libraries' Data Repository -- https://dataregistry.unl.edu/ -- [Reviewed 2019-11]
- Zenodo -- http://zenodo.org -- [Reviewed 2016-01]
Locate Potential Data Repositories
Researchers may use the Registry of Research Data Repositories' searchable listing of data repositories in the United States as a starting point to locate potential archiving options for their data.
Evaluating Repositories for Conformance researchers can use for potential new repositories are maintained on this site under Info for Researchers >> Evaluating Data Repositories.
Suggest a Data Repository
Researchers or institutions that would like to suggest a repository be reviewed for addition to this list, contact us at NTLDataCurator@dot.gov with evidence responding to the evaluation guidelines provided for researchers.
Recommended Page Citation
United States. Department of Transportation. (2022). Data Repositories Conformant with the DOT Public Access Plan. https://doi.org/10.21949/1520566